5 Şubat 2013 Salı

2013: T-Minus 13 Weeks!

To contact us Click HERE




T-Minus 13 Weeks!
Please click on the link, load the song, and come back (you may have to skip to the 31st second):http://youtu.be/mk48xRzuNvA
I am so excited to kick off 2013!Just got back from Disney and had another fantastic weekend.  I didn’t race all that well but it’s only the beginning of what is going to be a long year.  And stop #1, Hopkinton, MA. And raising $8,000 for the Dana Farber Cancer Institute!
As I sit in my apartment I look at all the memories of what was an awesome 2012:A solid Disney World Half Marathon, the 90 degree Boston Marathon, my first IRONMAN in Texas, a fantastic weekend in Old Portland Maine with my teammates where I fell in love with running again, a double weekend out in the Cape with the Brewster Brew Run followed by the Falmouth Road Race, Half IRONMAN PR at TOUGHMAN with a 5:22, the most unexpected Chicago Marathon with a 3:05 PR fueled by 3am pancakes, the situation with the NYC Marathon, and finally the Philadelphia Marathon.  Its hard to look at all of these amazing moments and point to which one or ones defined 2012…But the moment that defined 2012 is not on a wall or in any stat book.  It was the $7,100 raised for the Dana Farber Cancer Institute and the Claudia Adams Barr Program.  $7,100!!!!  Thank you and Thank you all 31,000 times over, because that is how much money we have raised in 5 years.
So onward we go, into another year of JohnnyMarathon and Dana Farber.  Heading into the year on a tired note, a little banged up from the fall.  Some lower back issues and hip flexor issues, but hopefully all will be good come April 15th, Marathon Monday!
After coming home from Disney I am seriously sitting on my ass for 2 weeks, talk about a sweet training program!  Next weekend I head down to Miami for another half marathon and than it is full speed ahead.  Please take the stress off my training and help me and my teammates reach Mission Possible: A World Without Cancer.I ask of you all every year to go out and do something un-selfish…what have you done recently?www.JohnnyMarathon.com
Thank You,JohnnyMarathon

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder